VoIP sound problem

Hi,

I have just installed a Butler 4012 VoIP telephone to run with SKYPE but am
unable to receive any sound through it. The phone seems to be connected to
the SKYPE program properly as I can dial out with it, I just can't hear
anything with it. I did play about with the sound devices and got to the
stage where I could fully use the phone, but I then couldn't hear any of
the usual sounds the computer makes e.g receiving new email or playing
iTunes. My OS is Vista Home Premium SP1. My speakers are separate from the
monitor.

Thanks for all help given.

David

  • VoIP Connection problem
    ... I have just installed a Butler 4012 VoIP telephone to run with SKYPE but am unable to receive any sound through it. ... The phone seems to be connected to the SKYPE program properly as I can dial out with it, I just can't hear anything with it. ... I did play about with the sound devices and got to the stage where I could fully use the phone, but I then couldn't hear any of the usual sounds the computer makes e.g receiving new email or playing iTunes. ...
  • VoIP phone sound problem
    ... I have just installed a Butler 4012 VoIP telephone to run with SKYPE but am unable to receive any sound through it. ... The phone seems to be connected to the SKYPE program properly as I can dial out with it, I just can't hear anything with it. ... I did play about with the sound devices and got to the stage where I could fully use the phone, but I then couldn't hear any of the usual sounds the computer makes e.g receiving new email or playing iTunes. ...
  • Re: Ask Umra- Why?
    ... Now the Skype phone is deadish. ... Mums old phone all boxed up to sell on Ebay, This morning put daughters sim ... Sound stopped working on the computer ... asked for me to log in as admin to complete it, ...
    (uk.media.radio.archers)
  • Re: Steve - can you help please.
    ... But you managed to increase the Microphone Level (in the SoundBlaster ... the Recording Controls), such as from Control Panel>Sounds & Audio ... Devices, but there's a very quick way of Opening up the Sound Mixer, ... make sure that you have your Skype Options Set to Automatically ...
    (uk.people.silversurfers)
  • Re: Multiple sound
    ... >Do somebody know how to make multiple sound in FC 4? ... I have an SBLive Audigy 2 setup as the main audio for ... The linux version of skype blindly assumes that its grabbing and sending ... Copyright 2005 by Maurice Eugene Heskett, ...
    (Fedora)