Re: Vista won't connect internet though router

Thanks for your reply breitak67.

the weird thing is when my dad was here for vacation in May, his new
laptop also with vista can use my router too.

This machine's connection is so unstable now, it won't connect at start
up, I have to open the internet setting and diagnose everytime it start
and after sleep mode, what should I do with the internet setting? I
have it empty everything now, with LAN it shouldn't need any special
thing to set up right?

--
cvan

  • DD-WRT 24 sp1 VPN issue Vista Business
    ... Linksys WRT 54G ver 3.0 -home router ... I am trying to get into my home network from outside. ... When I use the IBM (Vista) the connection fails. ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Re: File and printer sharing in network with 2 XPs and 1 Vista
    ... Do you have your share setting in Vista set at Private or Public? ... Right click Local Area Connection. ... If it times out then there is no communication between the router and machine. ... Pull the power from the router. ...
  • RE: Lost Internet Connection
    ... Check for updated Vista compatible Firmware for your Router from its ... Check for the latest Network Adaptor drivers. ... The problem has started only since I began using Vista ... IE7) I occasionally "lose" all connection to the web - any URL produces ...
  • Re: Very slow home network access, explorer freezes
    ... Other NAS devices seem to work a little better ... None of them run Vista so obviously they don't have that problem. ... strong as it can be - the router I'm connected to is a D-Link Wireless ... I have a WRT5G that occasionally gives a real slow connection to a wired machine yet at the same time works perfectly on wireless, so the simple answer is to reset the WRT... ...