Re: Excessive load/boot time

There is then a 4 to 5 min
pause
before the vista splash screen starts. I don't think this is normal but
it
happens on all my systems. Is this a vista problem or a
motherboard/bois
problem.

This sounds like a driver problem, actually.

Somewhere deep in the bowels of Vista you can find out how long each driver takes to load. Trouble is, I've forgotten where!

So, I can't help directly, but maybe this will set you off on another track.

If I remember, I'll report back.

SteveT

  • Re: Use of These Newsgroups
    ... It's not a Vista problem, and it's not a file-management problem. ... Another poster suggested using the newsreader supplied with Vista (Windows Mail) It makes it easy to set up Microsoft groups. ... They are not created or managed on a website, and the software that creates the website that manages them is not Vista product. ...
  • UPNP Problem with Windows Vista (or maybe COM problem)
    ... Another Vista problem. ... It works perfectly under Windows XP. ... lot like network places) I can see my device and access it with no problem ...
  • Re: Getting error Message when trying to install software
    ... Why would you assume it's a Vista problem? ... It sounds to me like these folks have Windows XP compatibility down pat and have not bothered to update their product for use in Vista. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords)
  • Re: 32 bit vista cant address more than 3.1-3.5 GB RAM
    ... expensive server solutions to run apps requirering more than approx 3.1 ... GB of RAM. ... I bought my Dell XPs 410 with Vista Ultimate configured with 4Gb of RAM. ... If Vista is unable to deal with the memory then it *is* a Vista problem. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Fable: The Lost Chapters - Black screen
    ... There is a compatibiity update for Fable - Lost Chapters for Vista ... Visit my MSN Games and Windows Gaming Help Site: ... | Is this a Vista Problem or Game Problem. ...
    (microsoft.public.games.discussion)