Re: Desktop blocking direction

You're probably using the Shift key to select the icons.
Just click and drag a rectangle around the column, instead.
Works fine.

--
Vista Home Premium 32 SP2 beta
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

"Tim Walters" <timuualters@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:2di9b1.dek.19.1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Tim Walters" <timuualters@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:2dgs6k.uoj.17.1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
When I do a block on bthe desktop, it selects horizontally. How can I change
it to doing it vertically?

Thanks

Re-reading the above, I think it may not be clear what I'm saying. Suppose you have 64 icons on the desktop. They've been added column by column. So when blocking the top icon in the rightmost column to the bottom icon in the same column, one would expect just the last column to be blocked. But Vista selects by rows, so the block contains _all_ the icons.

Surely this option can be changed, because I think W2K worked more logically.

Thanks.

  • Task bar Notification Area problem
    ... I have Vista Home Premium 32 bit. ... The latest antics are by the Network and Volume Control icons, Sometimes they appear, sometimes one or the other, and sometimes neither one. ... A reboot or 2 will usually get everything back, but it's an unnecessary hassle in my opinion. ... With XP, there was a small program called Task Bar Repair Tool that would quickly fix any such problems, rare though they were. ...
  • Strange icon behaviour in Vista control panel
    ... Vista Home Premium SP1 ... Sometimes when you open the control panel, the icon layout has been changed, ... But, then you open it, and you see "large" icons, and sometimes they will ...
  • Re: Remove renamed computer on wireless home network
    ... If there are icons and links that can be removed, ... Unmap every drive that uses a wrong computer name. ... If any thing stays, be patient it would disappear after few days, and few reboots. ... The home is using XP & this one is the Vista Home premium which I ...
  • Re: How can I control the size of icons in Control Panel?
    ... I would still like to enable the menu bar, though, so I'm going to check it out. ... Control Panel, click on View and select a icon size. ... and the icons were the size I wanted. ... I am using Vista Home Premium ...
    ... Everywhere else, I can simply select "view" from that bar, but the menu bar is missing from my Control Panel. ... "oscar" wrote in message ... and the icons were the size I wanted. ... I am using Vista Home Premium ...