Re: Desktop blocking direction

You're probably using the Shift key to select the icons.
Just click and drag a rectangle around the column, instead.
Works fine.

--
Vista Home Premium 32 SP2 beta
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

"Tim Walters" <timuualters@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:2di9b1.dek.19.1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Tim Walters" <timuualters@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:2dgs6k.uoj.17.1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
When I do a block on bthe desktop, it selects horizontally. How can I change
it to doing it vertically?

Thanks

Re-reading the above, I think it may not be clear what I'm saying. Suppose you have 64 icons on the desktop. They've been added column by column. So when blocking the top icon in the rightmost column to the bottom icon in the same column, one would expect just the last column to be blocked. But Vista selects by rows, so the block contains _all_ the icons.

Surely this option can be changed, because I think W2K worked more logically.

Thanks.

.