Re: Acer Aspire 8920G doesn't shut down

On Mon, 8 Dec 2008 16:11:00 -0800, Wilson Santos <Wilson
Santos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I bought an Aspire 8920G recently and installed a full box Windows Vista
Ultimate. I downloaded all drivers from Acer website and my computer is
running more than perfectly. The only problem I have is that my computer does
not shut down, it restarts! I have configured all commands and power button
to shut down, there are no visible conflicts, all devices are working
properly. However, there is no chance to shut my computer down. Nor pressing
the power button, neither asking for the download at the start menu. Could
you Ladies and Gentlemen help me to fix such problem? NOTE. When I press the
power button for a few seconds, it shuts down, but it is wrong. When
restarting, the "famous" message appears.
I will deeply appreciate any help. I have tried many suggestions but no
results yet.

Can't suggest anything positive. I have the same laptop, also running
Ultimate (32 bit) and it works just fine for me.

  • Acer Aspire 8920G doesnt shut down
    ... not shut down, it restarts! ... the power button, neither asking for the download at the start menu. ... you Ladies and Gentlemen help me to fix such problem? ...
  • Re: Auto-update protocol -- a baby step forward!
    ... because in case of a power down of the device during ... once a day to the update server. ... It could also download the image ... But if you just inform the customers about updates i.e. by a news ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: Auto mail-check even if powered off?
    ... It takes seconds to download headers ... The power options don't seem to have an effect. ... > through my bluetooth phone, connect to my vpn here at home and then ... Suspend it again, wait, it downloads ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc)
  • Re: Auto mail-check even if powered off?
    ... It takes seconds to download headers ... The power options don't seem to have an effect. ... through my bluetooth phone, connect to my vpn here at home and then ... Suspend it again, wait, it downloads ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc)
  • Re: PC Behaving badly
    ... sticks, cables, power connectors, especially the ATX ... don't have one) to check the actual voltages coming from your PSU. ... A hard drive utility to test the disk drive is available for download ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)