Re: Acer Aspire 8920G doesn't shut down

On Mon, 8 Dec 2008 16:11:00 -0800, Wilson Santos <Wilson
Santos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I bought an Aspire 8920G recently and installed a full box Windows Vista
Ultimate. I downloaded all drivers from Acer website and my computer is
running more than perfectly. The only problem I have is that my computer does
not shut down, it restarts! I have configured all commands and power button
to shut down, there are no visible conflicts, all devices are working
properly. However, there is no chance to shut my computer down. Nor pressing
the power button, neither asking for the download at the start menu. Could
you Ladies and Gentlemen help me to fix such problem? NOTE. When I press the
power button for a few seconds, it shuts down, but it is wrong. When
restarting, the "famous" message appears.
I will deeply appreciate any help. I have tried many suggestions but no
results yet.

Can't suggest anything positive. I have the same laptop, also running
Ultimate (32 bit) and it works just fine for me.
.