Re: Defragment

*-Thank you all for trying to assist me and jcgriff2 without been smart,
I would just wanted the Defragment utility that came with the OS will
work. You see dear, this way, I will make certain perhaps that other
utilities in Vista are working preporly.-*
*--*
*-Steve dear, I also appreciate your assistance.-*
*-During the month I have own this laptop, I have run the disc
defragmentation two ways:-*
*-a) in auto mode-*
*-b) manually-*
*- as I previously mentioned on my first message, no matter in which
mode I -*
*- run the defrag. I always get the ame message -! Your file system
performance can be improved
*it is recommended that you defragment now.*
-I tried to run it last night, it was working for one hour, then got
the same error.-*
*--*
*-These are the steps that I am taking starting the defragmentation:-*
*-a) close all open programs (that inclludes making the screen saver to
off)-*
*-b) click Strat>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>Disc
Deframenter-*
*-c) In manual mode (for testing reasons when Run on a schedule
(recommended) is not checked, I click "Defragment now..." and after one
hour or so, I am getting -! Your file system performance can be improved
*it is recommended that you defragment now.*
*
*-If you need to read the specifications of my laptop, they are on my
profile.-*
**
*-PS: Please forgive my English ladies and gentleman, as this language
isn't my main language, I am foreigner residing in your lovely country
of the USA.-
*

--
Dina