Re: System Restore Stopped

Thanks Rick I am really grateful for you help, I will hang on like you say
--
Bryan

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

Hi,

First off, the SP2 pack is still beta and should not be used by the average
person. Wait for the final release unless you are prepared to format the
system and do a fresh install of Windows.

What you should be doing is a backup of your data files. Despite claims to
the contrary, I find it best to simply copy data from the hard drive to DVD,
CD, or thumb drive and not rely on the rather convulated backup and restore
processes (either those provided by Windows or a third-party product). This
way, the data can be recovered by any operating system and you are not
reliant on any specific software to recover your data.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"m0gbf" <m0gbf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi Rick what I wanted to do was make a full backup. I received from
Computer
World a download update for Vista SP2. but it said to do a full back up
first, also can you please explain what I should be doing thanks
--
Bryan

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

Hi,

What/where are you trying to backup to? And also, to be clear, are you
talking about Backup and Restore or System Restore? They are two totally
separate processes.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"m0gbf" <m0gbf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi Rick tried what you said but I got the same message again when I
tried
put back up onto a disk. "The last backup failed" was the message that
came
up, any more ideas.
--
Bryan

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

Hi,

You may want to read this:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/952272

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"m0gbf" <m0gbf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
When I try to back up my files I keep getting a message saying I.O
device
error (Ox8007045D) back up stopped. Can anyone please help on this
rectify the problem
--
Bryan

.