Re: SWITCHING USERS SLOWWWWWW

On Sun, 7 Dec 2008 07:53:00 -0800, howieonline
<howieonline@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

More Ram? Brand new computer-1 year old. Do you think I should add more Ram?

His answer WAS kinda complicated, but after a second and third
re-reading, I am pretty confident in assuring you that's what he was
saying.

"Richard Urban" wrote:

Add more RAM!

--

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP

"howieonline" <howieonline@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
On my Vista I have 4 users. When we go to switch user, it takes anywhere
from 3-5 minutes for the screen to load up to the users. Then we can
select
the user. I understand it came take a minute or two to load up the user
settings, but when you switch user, again it takes from 3-5 minutes?
Any
ideas?

  • Re: slow internet
    ... load properly)BBC and virgin media and some random sites it seems to be the ... "Richard Urban" wrote: ... Windows Desktop Experience ... nothing wrong with my connection i have done speed tests and they are fine ...
  • Re: GWBs Politics
    ... "Neil" wrote in message ... >> I'm just saying that you're very ... >> fortunate, ... > load of crap...not only have I not been out of work, ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse)
  • Re: Candidates for Police Commissioner Role Are The Pits
    ... My heart sank - like a load of parrots they are all saying they will ...
    (uk.legal)
  • Re: Tech help gottlieb system 1 no sound or display.
    ... You're measuring it 'without a load', I've had transformers do weird ... As John was saying on the other thread, though, it's very common for ...
    (rec.games.pinball)
  • Re: ZFS patches.
    ... So are we saying that i386 with a default kmem of 512MB has gotten ... psuedo stable with some load? ... Tunning kmem_size is still needed to get better ...
    (freebsd-current)