Re: SWITCHING USERS SLOWWWWWW

Add more RAM!

--

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP
Windows Desktop Experience

"howieonline" <howieonline@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:96501E60-88D1-4899-8918-4BE2A31C7E5F@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On my Vista I have 4 users. When we go to switch user, it takes anywhere
from 3-5 minutes for the screen to load up to the users. Then we can select
the user. I understand it came take a minute or two to load up the user
settings, but when you switch user, again it takes from 3-5 minutes? Any
ideas?

  • Re: slow internet
    ... load properly)BBC and virgin media and some random sites it seems to be the ... "Richard Urban" wrote: ... Windows Desktop Experience ... nothing wrong with my connection i have done speed tests and they are fine ...
  • Re: Faster Marshaling?
    ... and 2 seconds to load a 9MB sized Marshal ... there's a way around this without extensive modification to ruby. ... loaded into RAM. ... entire data set in RAM all at once, because any one final data table ...
    (comp.lang.ruby)
  • Re: c# out of memory question
    ... I have 2GB of RAM on my machine and looking at task ... | memory to 3070MB. ... | testclass testclass1 = new testclass; ... however, this memory range is also used to load your code modules, the CLR ...
  • Re: ASUS K8N-E Deluxe ( Deluxe problem)
    ... video, 400Watt PS, yada yada yada ... Bad RAM module might have hosed files on your hard drive....making it look flaky ... ASUS .com does a good ... The boot load actually gets to 'Loading NTFS file system" before it craps out and reboots.... ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • Re: Programmatic use of load module
    ... > programmaticaly load modules from RAM/ROM. ... I boot from to transfer the second image into RAM and run it. ... I am trying to keep my VxWorks image and my application image separate. ... loadModule() to load our application module from disk to memory. ...
    (comp.os.vxworks)