Re: System Restore Problem

Malke;424573 Wrote:
smtjs wrote:
I have tried different restore points, but I keep getting the same
error:

"System Restore did not complete successfully. Your computer's system
files
and settings were not changed.

Details:
An unspecified error occurred during System Restore.

You might try System Restore again and choose a different restore
point."

Thank you for any help with this.

Since you didn't give us any specifics about your computer, here are
various links and suggestions that may help you:

See MVP Bert Kinney's pages about System Restore:
'System Restore in Windows Vista:'
(http://bertk.mvps.org/html/vista.html)

Have a Norton security product? Problems caused by Symantec -
'\"Restoration Incomplete. Your computer cannot be restored . . . \"'
(http://bertk.mvps.org/html/symantecdoc1.html)

Have a Gateway Computer? Per Jill Zoeller, MS - Go to System in Control
Panel and open the System Protection tab. Do you see a drive called
"Missing"? Selecting C:\ and deselecting "Missing" will allow the
system
to take restore points normally. Note that you will not have any
restore
points to restore to until a new restore point is made.

System Restore forum on AumHa.net - 'AumHa Forums • View forum -
System Restore' (http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=54)

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
'www.elephantboycomputers.com' (http://www.elephantboycomputers.com)

Hope this gets to the right person as I'm new to this forum Malarkey

Malke

I've had major problems with a game (Silent Hunter IV). I've been to
Unisoft the company who make the game, searched the net and allsorts
with no joy so in desperation I tried to roll back my system. It was a
joke. Every restore point that I tried didn't work. I came across this
site by chance and tried the link to Norton and low and behold it
worked! Thanks. I am so pleased that I've now joined this Forum. Can you
help with my new problem. I now need to unistall the game (SH4). Vista
removal tool doesn't work. Can you help?

:confused:

--
TheITStudent
.