Re: System Restore Problem

Malke;424573 Wrote:
smtjs wrote:
I have tried different restore points, but I keep getting the same
error:

"System Restore did not complete successfully. Your computer's system
files
and settings were not changed.

Details:
An unspecified error occurred during System Restore.

You might try System Restore again and choose a different restore
point."

Thank you for any help with this.

Since you didn't give us any specifics about your computer, here are
various links and suggestions that may help you:

See MVP Bert Kinney's pages about System Restore:
'System Restore in Windows Vista:'
(http://bertk.mvps.org/html/vista.html)

Have a Norton security product? Problems caused by Symantec -
'\"Restoration Incomplete. Your computer cannot be restored . . . \"'
(http://bertk.mvps.org/html/symantecdoc1.html)

Have a Gateway Computer? Per Jill Zoeller, MS - Go to System in Control
Panel and open the System Protection tab. Do you see a drive called
"Missing"? Selecting C:\ and deselecting "Missing" will allow the
system
to take restore points normally. Note that you will not have any
restore
points to restore to until a new restore point is made.

System Restore forum on AumHa.net - 'AumHa Forums • View forum -
System Restore' (http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=54)

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
'www.elephantboycomputers.com' (http://www.elephantboycomputers.com)

Hope this gets to the right person as I'm new to this forum Malarkey

Malke

I've had major problems with a game (Silent Hunter IV). I've been to
Unisoft the company who make the game, searched the net and allsorts
with no joy so in desperation I tried to roll back my system. It was a
joke. Every restore point that I tried didn't work. I came across this
site by chance and tried the link to Norton and low and behold it
worked! Thanks. I am so pleased that I've now joined this Forum. Can you
help with my new problem. I now need to unistall the game (SH4). Vista
removal tool doesn't work. Can you help?

:confused:

--
TheITStudent

  • Re: BAD_POOL_HEADER
    ... Got to system restore, ... Most of the time i'm not even able to load Windows before it crashes. ... Interesting information in the page yous sent, TaurArian, and I guess I'll ... have to do without the game, all though I'm not sure if it's the game which ...
  • Re: Another Computer Shutting Down Randomly
    ... IDE Seagate drives which were in use when fault first appeared) ... OS - Windows Media Centre ... If I run a game (a large game like Silent Hunter - not Solitaire or ... Tried to use System Restore but failed every time, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Another Computer Shutting Down Randomly
    ... IDE Seagate drives which were in use when fault first appeared) ... OS - Windows Media Centre ... If I run a game (a large game like Silent Hunter - not Solitaire or ... Tried to use System Restore but failed every time, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Lost my start up menu
    ... Once these keys are deleted the desktop and internet explorer should come ... Find those keys. ... try to do a System Restore from Command Prompt ... This whole issue began with my NHL04 game running so slowly ...
  • Re: BAD_POOL_HEADER
    ... > 8th tried safemode again. ... Got to system restore, tried to restore the ... >> able to load Windows before it crashes. ... >> have to do without the game, all though I'm not sure if it's the game ...