Re: System Restore Problem

Malke;424573 Wrote:
smtjs wrote:
I have tried different restore points, but I keep getting the same

"System Restore did not complete successfully. Your computer's system
and settings were not changed.

An unspecified error occurred during System Restore.

You might try System Restore again and choose a different restore

Thank you for any help with this.

Since you didn't give us any specifics about your computer, here are
various links and suggestions that may help you:

See MVP Bert Kinney's pages about System Restore:
'System Restore in Windows Vista:'

Have a Norton security product? Problems caused by Symantec -
'\"Restoration Incomplete. Your computer cannot be restored . . . \"'

Have a Gateway Computer? Per Jill Zoeller, MS - Go to System in Control
Panel and open the System Protection tab. Do you see a drive called
"Missing"? Selecting C:\ and deselecting "Missing" will allow the
to take restore points normally. Note that you will not have any
points to restore to until a new restore point is made.

System Restore forum on - 'AumHa Forums • View forum -
System Restore' (

Elephant Boy Computers
'' (
"Don't Panic!"
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

Hope this gets to the right person as I'm new to this forum Malarkey

I've had major problems with a game (Silent Hunter IV). I've been to
Unisoft the company who make the game, searched the net and allsorts
with no joy so in desperation I tried to roll back my system. It was a
joke. Every restore point that I tried didn't work. I came across this
site by chance and tried the link to Norton and low and behold it
worked! Thanks. I am so pleased that I've now joined this Forum. Can you
help with my new problem. I now need to unistall the game (SH4). Vista
removal tool doesn't work. Can you help?