Re: VISTA FAx & Scan issue

You'd be better off posting in the group that deals with Fax & Scan: microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan

Peter
Toronto, Canada.

"Mitch" <mitch67547@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:ajcij41n3q487sismlov5s0j0o1rs2aptt@xxxxxxxxxx
I will try to be more precise.

Of the three situations where faxes can be sent using Vista Fax &
Scan, two do not work for me. I am using VISTA Business. The
situations are:

A/ In trying to forward a fax..

Details:

1) I open Vista Fax & Scan
2) I open a fax within the "Inbox".
3) I then select "Forward as a Fax".
4) In the "To" window I enter a phone number in the format
xxx-xxx-xxxx.

5) I put some text in the message sectionessage
6) I then click on "send".

I get an error message that says "The message could not be sent. The
parameter is incorrect."

B/ In trying to originate a Fax from within Vista Fax & Scan..

1) I open Vista Fax & Scan
2) I click on "New Fax"
3) I fill in the subject
4) I enter the phone number in the " To" window in the format
xxx-xxx-xxxx.

5) I put some text in the message section.
6) I click on "send"

I get an error message that says: "The message could not be sent. The
data is invalid."

On Thu, 4 Dec 2008 16:35:24 -0500, "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]"