Re: cpu fan roaring up fast and furious

Sorry that you didn't get that posting(s) Brian --- in your words, the
fan is following the spikes. As stated in my first posting, the cpu is
roaring from 1% usage to 40 - 60% usage. For the life of me, I can
understand what is doing this, for I can't think of any programs added
recently.
All was normal up till last weekend --- for some weird and wonderful
reason, I'm thinking Registry Mechanic might have titled something, but
when I did the Restore, still nothing changed.
I tried to do a System Restore, but I kept getting an error at that
point, that wouldn't allow me to go back before the problem began.

Say on O wise one if you've advice

--
ripsnort

  • Re: cpu fan roaring up fast and furious
    ... fan is following the spikes. ... As stated in my first posting, the cpu is ...
  • Re: Instant Shut Down (LAME!)
    ... I now fear to turn off my CPU. ... > 2) You use system restore to get around this problem???? ... > 3) Are all your cooling fans working? ... > Lovin life on Mercer Island 8^) ...
  • Re: Windows XP very slow
    ... The system was incredibly slow while it was briefly running SP1, but I pressed on with the SP2 install in the hope that things would improve. ... Observing what's occurring in the Task Manager, I see that various processes are clattering away using significant amounts of CPU, even when nothing is happening. ... Open the System Properties dialog, click on the System Restore tab, select the disk (partition) on which Windows is installed, and click the "Settings" button. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Instant Shut Down (LAME!)
    ... The light on the main power button would flash with no ... I now fear to turn off my CPU. ... > 2) You use system restore to get around this problem???? ... > 3) Are all your cooling fans working? ...
  • Re: Uknown CPU Hog
    ... Microsoft need's to address this problem ASAP, ... having this problem, and it is not resolved with system restore, or a ... but there are many for the svchost 100% cpu problem. ... However, when I look at the process list, task manager ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)