Re: any difference in adding 8GB RAM later

Ken Blake, MVP;901549 Wrote:
On Wed, 3 Dec 2008 09:31:09 -0600, suga81 <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Hello, I'm about to get a new PC and install Vista x64 on it. The
problem is that I'm only gonna get 4GB RAM now, and other 8GB later
(in
a week or so).

Is there any difference between installing whole 12GB at once, or 4GB
now and adding 8GB later ... > > No, no difference.

What makes you think you should have 12GB instead of 4GB? How much
RAM
you need depends on what apps you run, but most people would see
little or no performance increase by going from 4GB to 12GB.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
I estimate that mostly I'll be using somewhere up to 8GB of RAM, but a
bit more can't hurt.
I'll be doing some pretty heavy multi-tasking. Just to illustrate: my
setup will include 2x30" LCD screens & probably also one 20". ;) And
I'll be running all kinds of work-related stuff on them, some using lots
of RAM.

--
suga81
.