Vista Registry open key not identified

I'm new in Vista. In WinXP, when I was in the registry, if I did a search and
it found an entry value that matched it would be highlighted in the right
pane and the icon in the left pane in which the key was located would be an
open folder while most icons would remain closed folders. In Vista, however,
all the icons are open folders whether or not the currently selected key is
in the folder or not. The only way I can determine which folder is open is to
match the address in the status bar with the list of folders in the left
pane. Is there something I'm missing or is there some easier way to identify
the open folder?
.