Vista Registry open key not identified

I'm new in Vista. In WinXP, when I was in the registry, if I did a search and
it found an entry value that matched it would be highlighted in the right
pane and the icon in the left pane in which the key was located would be an
open folder while most icons would remain closed folders. In Vista, however,
all the icons are open folders whether or not the currently selected key is
in the folder or not. The only way I can determine which folder is open is to
match the address in the status bar with the list of folders in the left
pane. Is there something I'm missing or is there some easier way to identify
the open folder?

  • Re: Please help - Vista has completely blocked file access from all accounts!
    ... Vista, like XP before it, does not use the Read ... the folder Properties menu to have any useful purpose at all (such as ... so that I could learn the tree location of folders like imageres.dll ... Directory Use Matching Greenish Icons:: the How-To Geek' ...
  • Vista randomizes icon size?
    ... Don't know i this is the right forum but technically this is about how I ... manage my files in vista. ... When I set the view size of my icons in a folder ...
  • Re: Icon Library Location?
    ... On my Vista Ultimate, 64-bit, I cannot find that collection of icons. ... Are there other icon libraries "hidden" in Vista which I can access and then look for my favorite icons? ... many many many .dlls in the System 32 folder have them. ... I collect icons including favicons from www.whatever.com/favicon.ico when they are available. ...
  • Re: I cant sort desktop icons the way I want.
    ... The type of icons (whether XP or Vista style) shouldn't make a difference. ... Three solutions above seem to relate to your problem (arranging desktop icons and getting the settings to save), let us know what works for you. ... icon (shortcut to the program of the same name) places itself after Paint Shop Pro and before a icon for a Folder containing my Financial links. ...
  • Icon for Indication of Open Registry Key Folder not working or mis
    ... I'm new in Vista. ... open folder while most icons would remain closed folders. ...