Re: SD and readyboost

bughaters <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am reading a lot of suggestions here and as a newbie to these flash
drives I'm a bit intrigued. I have my USB currently plugged in optioned
under readyboost. I been trying to get better performance for some time
now. I went out and bought 2GB of memory and installed it. But since I
have these 2GB flash drive sticks (3 total) I figured I'd plug one in
and see what happens. Jury still out. But I will continue to read all
you guys suggestion nonetheless.

Your installed RAM is fine. With that much, Readyboost is doing
nothing for you. It's meant for systems running less than 1G of RAM.

Richie Hardwick

  • Re: FSX/readyboost drive/performance
    ... Firstly Readyboost only works up to 4GB in size so if you bought a 32GB usb stick to use for readyboost then only the first 4gb would be used by the system and the other 28gb would be wasted. ... eg a 700mb video file hard drives are still the quickest storage medium as the disk only has to seek once to find the start of the file and is then reading a continuous stream of data as the disk turns. ... My understanding is that a ready boost drive is a usb drive that vista uses to dump data to, rather than a hard disk as the readyboost drive is considered to be faster than the hard disk. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.games)
  • Re: ReadyBoost drive format
    ... applications) and an USB drive representing the data portion of the device. ... However if the read/write specs of the HD are "better" Vista will not use as ... read/writes go to ReadyBoost and sequential to the HD. ... I had 2 more drives in My Computer. ...
  • Re: Can I quiet error messages abiut NVCache?
    ... It certainly sounds like it is using "E:" for the readyboost, though I've not seen it do that with anything other than a thumb drive. ... Windows could perceive 500 MB on a memory stick that is not connected to the ... Readyboost uses thumb drives for this process. ... Ready Boost is in a separate drive named NVCache, ...
  • Re: Can I quiet error messages abiut NVCache?
    ... Readyboost uses thumb drives for this process. ... Ready Boost is in a separate drive named NVCache, ... However, several times a day, I receive error messages declaring that NVCache is too crowded and files should be deleted. ...
  • Re: U3 Readyboost flash drive problem
    ... However, not yet familiar with Vista Readyboost, has anyone any idea if using the u3 uninstall will affect the Readyboost aspect of these drives? ... I have a few Sandisk cruiser U3 2gb drives that I use on Vista and they also work fine, whether I access the U3 stuff or use it as just a storage drive. ...