Re: Bsod irql_not_less_or_equal

Looking at your drivers I see Creative audio and MS generic audio drivers
both running.

Does your motherboard have an onboard audio device in addition to your
Creative sound card?
Did you turn it off at the BIOS level when you installed the Creative sound
card?

"RichTaylor1974" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

Hi,

Thanks for the reply and great insight.

I've attached the driver and info files you mentioned.

In addition, the problem seems to be occuring less since I restored
using a restore point. In my view the root cause appears to be related
to the NVidia drivers.

Cheers,
Richard

|Filename: debug (msinfo & drv).zip |
|Download: http://www.vistax64.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7643 |

RichTaylor1974

  • Horrendous Audio Stutter - current git
    ... Under kernel compilation load audio is very much unusable ... # CPUFreq processor drivers ... # Core Netfilter Configuration ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • audio skipping on 2.6.26-rc1
    ... On a T60 I get occasional audio skips while ... No kernels prior to this ... # Device Drivers ... # PCI IDE chipsets support ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: yet another "no audio device" thread, sorry
    ... You shouldn't lose any functionality with other devices unless you changed any settings in the BIOS in order to get a certain device working properly. ... > high-definition audio in my wife's computer. ... > the BIOS and the chipset drivers, then try again to install the audio ... and was still unable to install the audio drivers. ...
  • Re: Real World Significant Sources of (what we usually call) Latency
    ... gather some usable data on just what affects latency in a digital audio ... Let's start by talking about monitoring latency - microphone in to headphone ... throughput delay, for the drivers to pass the data two and from the CPU, ...
    (rec.audio.pro)
  • Real World Significant Sources of (what we usually call) Latency
    ... gather some usable data on just what affects latency in a digital audio ... Let's start by talking about monitoring latency - microphone in to headphone ... (direct CPU bus, USB, or Firewire) ... throughput delay, for the drivers to pass the data two and from the CPU, and the ...
    (rec.audio.pro)