Re: Memory filling up too fast?

Change your nick to "MilesBehind", you CLOWN.
If the swap file is turned off, problems WILL occur.
"Out of memory" error comes to mind. You are a
FOOL!
--
Mad Mike

MilesAhead wrote:

Victek;875084 Wrote:

However, everything I've ever read says never turn off virtual memory
since applications often ask for much more memory then they use and
Windows needs to map that memory somewhere.

Instead of going by what you read, try trying something yourself.

  • Re: Intelligence - one of degree?
    ... And if we were to try to break down the functions of the mind, ... We assume that our consciousness is based in part, ... making short term memory decisions etc. ... A stitch in time saves nine. ...
    (comp.ai.philosophy)
  • Re: Ann: Luxasm 00.01.00 (2004-04-08)
    ... You'll probably change your mind about that, ... memory like some really strong acid that the bad guy wants to dip ... James Bond into...and as LuxAsm is going to be a GUI application ... and there which are paramount considerations...if inserting bananas ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: Hybrid? Mutant? Piece of Compost?
    ... So there has been a whole lot of memory scrubs going around. ... OUT, LIQUID MIND SIFTER, ... sends Emma Frost to the mental dry cleaners and lets Namor keeps his ... memory so that Namor can brood over Shaw's success over the SubMariner. ...
    (rec.arts.comics.marvel.universe)
  • Re: Rankings show pro-life momentum in US state laws-the trend is growing
    ... sitting around their still, ... That memory is very ... I don't mean my mind. ... "watcher" tells me that I can't completely rely on it. ...
    (soc.retirement)
  • Re: [OT] Re: What America is becoming
    ... My memory is flagging too, which could certainly affect my job as well. ... It is good for the mind, ... I think jogging is nuts - but that's just me. ...
    (alt.autos.toyota)