Re: Memory filling up too fast?

Victek;875084 Wrote:
Also if you have your swapfile totally managed by Windows you may be> > >
wasting a lot of disk accesses just resizing the swap file.
Experiment
with setting the min and max the same(avoid resizing) or just turning
it
off. As long as you're not overloading memory with too many startup
apps you can always reset the swap strategy back to the default if
neither works for you.

-- > > I would agree with setting the paging file to a fixed size, as long is
it's
at least twice the Vista recommended amount. However, everything
I've ever
read says never turn off virtual memory since applications often ask
for
much more memory then they use and Windows needs to map that memory
somewhere.

Instead of going by what you read, try trying something yourself.

--
MilesAhead

"How come we don't know the I.Q. of the guy who invented the test?"

  • Re: moving data from one place to another in a text file
    ... practical solution - as any solution requiring "memory allocation" canNOT handle ... And, of course, the "read twice method" would be portable to EVERY ANSI/ISO ... >>output the same input file with another name. ...
    (comp.lang.cobol)
  • Re: Oyster Card System Failure
    ... I've not yet come across r/w memory that can't be reset if theres ... some of the memory as read only - IIRC sector 0 (which contains the ... Initially the card is created with this address as 0. ...
    (uk.transport.london)
  • RiscPC video problems
    ... reset it by the reset button. ... My first thought was memory. ... 0 64 Mbytes ... always been fitted with a 2M VRAM Module. ...
    (comp.sys.acorn.hardware)
  • Re: SLOW typing response time using Mac Office 2008
    ... Anything running on a PPC needs twice the memory of something running on ... Which occupies twice the memory. ... and noticed a marked improvement in the response time, ... But I usually have Safari 3.0.4 running in the background, ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.word)
  • Re: off screen plain
    ... created a surface (soon to maybe be a memory stream) of 1024x14000. ... reset wouldn't let me lock the texture anymore. ... What if the device is lost for sometime. ...