Re: Memory filling up too fast?
- From: MilesAhead <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 20:49:26 -0500
Also if you have your swapfile totally managed by Windows you may be> > >it's
wasting a lot of disk accesses just resizing the swap file.Experiment
with setting the min and max the same(avoid resizing) or just turningit
off. As long as you're not overloading memory with too many startup
apps you can always reset the swap strategy back to the default if
neither works for you.
-- > > I would agree with setting the paging file to a fixed size, as long is
at least twice the Vista recommended amount. However, everything
read says never turn off virtual memory since applications often ask
much more memory then they use and Windows needs to map that memory
Instead of going by what you read, try trying something yourself.
"How come we don't know the I.Q. of the guy who invented the test?"
- Prev by Date: Re: Microsoft Updates
- Next by Date: Re: Memory filling up too fast?
- Previous by thread: Re: Memory filling up too fast?
- Next by thread: Re: Memory filling up too fast?