Re: Vista desktop

Jerry, can you drag the side bar down to the bottom?

"Jerry" <jerry.nh@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:urQLRBgOJHA.3748@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
All has been well until yesterday after installing two updates it said I must have. When I restarted the computer the desktop took up the entire left side of the screen with no areas top or bottom to change size. My quicklaunch and taskbar, which should be in the lower blue portion are now in a a sidebar on the right side of the screen.
Everything is there, but not where I want it, and all my desktop icons have been moved around from where I had them.

How can I get the quicklaunce back to the lower left side of the screen. There is no room any longer to drag the toolbars, nor anything else down there. I need to resize the entire desktop.

What do I do now?

Thanks,

Jerry.nh@xxxxxxxxxxx

  • Re: Hey, how about that. Tire inflation/tuneups same results as drilling.
    ... How out of touch is Barack Obama? ... Last I pointed out your top posting, ... bottom post. ... Why pick on poor ol' Jerry? ...
    (soc.retirement)
  • Re: Start Menu Location
    ... > Hi Bill, ... so you would want to right-click and drag. ... then to the left side and back to the bottom. ... >>>> left, also, when the task bar is expanded. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: No Taskbar
    ... The taskbar is at the bottom as it shows for a second or two at boot, ... I could not click or drag it up then it is gone again. ... The task bar is resizable, like a window, and it can be set to zero ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Hey, how about that. Tire inflation/tuneups same results as drilling.
    ... How out of touch is Barack Obama? ... Last I pointed out your top posting, ... criticizing you for bottom posting; ... Why pick on poor ol' Jerry? ...
    (soc.retirement)
  • Re: How to bring Start back to the left bottom of the screen?
    ... bottom, 'Start' along with 'Programs,';Log-off,' and all other ... How to bring 'Start' back to the original location, ... I tried many times drag it back, ... The Windows taskbar occupies an entire edge of the screen, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)