Re: Vista 64 slooow application launch

Updated the network card driver, it did find a newer version and did a
re-boot. It took a few minutes to connect and for a little bit my apps
were loading fast... then they switched to slow again. It is a weird
thing how it is sort of a delayed reaction. So a toggling of the
superfetch or unplugging of the network appears to change loading times.
What could Vista be doing in the background. I do have external
network drives but disabling that software doesn't result in a change.
Any ideas anyone? I don't believe uninstalling the NIC and then
re-installing it would be different than the upgraded driver.

--
CADdaddy
.