Re: Vista 64 slooow application launch

Updated the network card driver, it did find a newer version and did a
re-boot. It took a few minutes to connect and for a little bit my apps
were loading fast... then they switched to slow again. It is a weird
thing how it is sort of a delayed reaction. So a toggling of the
superfetch or unplugging of the network appears to change loading times.
What could Vista be doing in the background. I do have external
network drives but disabling that software doesn't result in a change.
Any ideas anyone? I don't believe uninstalling the NIC and then
re-installing it would be different than the upgraded driver.

--
CADdaddy

  • Re: Lan and Service Pack 2
    ... Usually the exclamation point on the network icon is due to either a faulty ... network card driver or hardware. ... try swapping in a known-good network card. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Date and Time Wrong
    ... In article, John Williams (News) ... network" activated. ... re-boot is required to set it correctly. ... of such useful knowledge - I've always considered myself to have a ...
    (comp.sys.acorn.misc)
  • Re: Help! Damaged Workbook!
    ... Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP ... You can try a re-boot and see if that clears it up. ... I was saving my work on a hard drive on another computer on my network. ... I tried to open the workbook and I get a message saying "you ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)
  • Re: share printer on home network through router
    ... not have permission to use this network resource. ... did a re-boot part way through so maybe something I tried needed the reboot ...
  • Re: re-setting connection
    ... Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on http://www.ChicagoTech.net ... I use an XP machine to connect to other machines on my network. ... the drive after a fresh re-boot leads to a log-in screen, ... credentials, and, voila, the Windows Explorer appears on that drive. ...