Re: New User Wanting to Install More RAM

Hey 'SevSaint' (http://www.vistax64.com/members/sevsaint.html),

In answer to your questions,
1. no
2.not normally
3.no, but you may possibly have to re-activate

Switch off your computer.
Open the case.
Touch the metal insides with your hands before you do anything else
(against static).
Open the locking clips at both ends of your RAM.
Carefully lift out the RAM noting exactly how it was seated as *it only
fits one way *(Do not touch the contacts)
write down the RAM details, normally written on a sticker on the RAM.
Or take the ram with you to the dealer as you need to get the right type
of RAM to fit your MB
Install the new RAM onto the MB after first touching the case before
you touch the RAM and *paying attention to the correct positioning*
Press the RAM home in the slots this will also close both locking clips,

check everything is sitting properly
close case
start computer
check to see that new RAM is registered on start up

--
pooch

  • Re: installing unknown RAM
    ... > If you don't know what kinda RAM your motherboard uses. ... > how the CPU uses some SRAM in the internal cache. ... So if it fits, it will work? ... > to knock out this feeling and get back to studying and outting this ...
  • Re: Potting horror...
    ... functionality will beat SQlite3 in performance and ease-of-programming - SQLite databases reside in in memory too but gives you SQL queries, indexes, e.t.c. on top of that. ... Again, CPUs are so fast, and gigabytes of RAM so cheap, that brute ... fits not only in ram, ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: Linux on very old system
    ... Find some old ram for ... > Then install something like MandrakeMove (it fits on a CD so it will ... any money putting the thing together. ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: How much RAM needed for low end Ethernet application?
    ... stephenXXX@INVALID.mpeltd.demon.co.uk (Stephen Pelc) wrote: ... >multi-threaded HTTP server with CGI and ASP, it all fits ... >The limitation is in the number of free buffers and number ... >We'll know in a day or two what we can fit into 32k of RAM. ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: Linux on very old system
    ... Find some old ram for ... >> Then install something like MandrakeMove (it fits on a CD so it will ... >any money putting the thing together. ... but I would still strongly advise more memory. ...
    (alt.os.linux)