New User Wanting to Install More RAM

I have never done much maintenance work on my computer. I bought it last
year and have had very few problems with it, but i would like better
performance out of it in the gaming area.
I only have 1gig of ram installed and am using windows Vista Home
Basic.
I have been told that this is not enough RAM and i can tell it by the
way the computer acts.
So i want to upgrade ram with at least 1 more gig if not to.
I have 4 slots and no idea how easy or difficult the process is.

1. Does the ram chip come with installation disk
2. Can i mess up my computer
3. Do i have to reinstall anything on my drive (I'm missing my dell
image file)
4. Anyone have a tutorial.

BTW i looked up my comp specs and found a great price of around 20-40
dollars for 2 1gig cards.
Thanks in advance

--
SevSaint

  • Re: Whats the Best Laptop
    ... My son bought a two year old Mac two years ago the same day I bought my new n5445 HP, in April I bought a new HP dv6255us dual core, light scribe web cam etc with the bells and vistas, the Mac is still going strong and I hate Vista and MS the wife got a gateway with XP Media Edition which so far has not given her any trouble, my new HP on the other hand well let's say I am going to have a boat load of money to replace my old SW with "new" of what I already own SW wise. ... I guess if your in the music business Apple has an edge over MS even though they are a ton of MS programs to buy, but as always the hardware has drivers that don't like other drivers intruding on their RAM and HD space. ...
    (alt.guitar.beginner)
  • Re: phantom files
    ... I bought another floppy drive and more RAM (it ... bought one for work as well and soon after 10 more. ... I was sent a cd-rom with Slackware Linux by a college friend who ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: phantom files
    ... I bought another floppy drive and more RAM (it ... bought one for work as well and soon after 10 more. ... I was sent a cd-rom with Slackware Linux by a college friend who ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Hard Drive Corruption
    ... why do you have to rebuild the boot sector? ... Rebuilding the boot sector was just one of the things I ... And I bought this for my wife because I was tired of monkeying ... If you have the one with the weird ram, ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: RAM Saga Cont:d [Dual Channel]
    ... I already ordered the RAM Was ... The one I bought is 1x1GB not 2x512. ... 1x 1 GB OCZ ... Remember that memtest86 is for testing before you ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)