RE: Vista 32bit died under standard use. (no gaming or anything specia

http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/winvista_upgrade_clean.asp

I have always found upgrades to be unstable.
Above is a way to do a clean install from an upgrade disk.
--
Mad Mike

"fusionrx" wrote:

Aggravation with VISTA (32bit). !!! Help needed.

Here's my rig: Q6600@3Ghz., 8Gb Corsair ram DDR2 800, Palit 4850 Vid card.
Seagate 1TB hd, Rocketfish case, PCPower &Cooling 750W psu. Gigabyte EP45 DS4
mobo. (I do plan on moving up to 64bit Vista soon, likely as a result of this
crash to fully use the 8gb memory).

Vista installed recently (Had XP, then upgraded the XP install to Vista).
The upgrade seemed to be working.

Over the last while things seem to be getting slower, and then last nite
BAM! BSOD!

The system rebooted before I had a chance to determine what caused the bsod,
but the ATI CCC (Catalyst Control Center) seemed to be the culprit (Vista
"Service process has stopped' message in conjunction with Windows has
recovered from a system fault).

I decided to upgrade to the latest released (ATI 8.10) catalyst drivers and
then CCC would never ever start.

Shortly thereafter network connectivity disappeared, and then upon a reboot
after the ATI drivers installed, I get MAJOR havoc.

Get an incredibly long login time, followed by Windows failed to connect to
Sockets and System Events Manager Services cannot be started messages. With
some more digging it seems that some of its other dependant services are also
not started. Trying to manual start these did not help one bit.

My conclusion is that I am pretty much fubar'd at this point am I right?
This is a case of reformat and re-install??

  • Re: Format again
    ... specs to see if it can handle Vista. ... and I want to reformat my hard disk and re-install Windows XP ... and update it with a Vista upgrade which my good lady brought ... Instead of performing a clean install of XP, ...
  • Re: upgrade c: from pata to sata with vista ultimate 64bit upgrade dis
    ... "How to Clean Install Windows Vista with Upgrade Media ... When I began inquiring into various Windows Vista installation options late last year, Microsoft and its representative grew quiet and seemed to begin selectively answering my questions. ...
  • Re: upgrading xp to vista premium question
    ... When Vista ... Upgrade was installing, I assume it also saw a single disk with a single ... I wasn't sure I could do a clean install of Vista originally and ... were partitioned into 3 different volumes and during the install of Vista ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Vista OEM or... ?
    ... There are at least two different concepts of what constitutes an upgrade: ... Fresh install: For a hardware component, one will consider an upgrade as ... Who will perform support if the end user is having problems. ... I'd like to upgrade PCs from my family to Vista. ...
  • Re: Windows 7 for $50 (US) through July 11.
    ... You can still do a clean install with the upgrade version, ... vista requires that an earlier ver has to be installed before ... version of windows before doing an installation of the Windows 7 ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)