massive problem with Vista Backup

Hi,
I'm using Vista Ultimate x64 German version and tried to do a complete
PC backup via the Vista Backup tool to an external hard drive.
The backup starts and after a certain time ("within the part "backup is
being stored") there's no more raction at all.
I waited for more than two hours and still no change. Then I switched
off the external harddrive which had no reaction. Cancelling the backup
didn't work so I had to shutdown the laptop the hardway (longpress on
power). After the new start all my settings (within Thunderbird, ...)
are lost. I have no idea why.
So I tried it again (this time with switched off virus scanner and
firewall) but still the same problem. That sucks!
I have no idea where the problem is. After reading several posts I
think all in all the Vista Ultimate backup feature is far good enough
for my needs, but it does not work.
When the laptop restart I have the message "213/213 Registy components"
and I'm not sure whether this was already there before I tried to do the
first backup.

--
braindead

  • Reply to Danix803
    ... The folks from support would probably checking these ... posting my Vista Ultimate backup nightmares all over the internet. ... He told me that MS does not support Vista Ultimate Complete PC ... help me I had to move backup set from my C: drive back to my ext backup HD ...
  • Re: Can I image my hard drive with an MS utility, and where would I find it?
    ... Using Vista Ultimate you can do a full backup and that does an image. ... Laptop to be upgraded from Vista Basic to Vista Ultimate ... with a Vista Ultimate upgrade that has been activated, ... so I can stop reinstalling the OS without activating it and Office and stop activating that as well. ...
  • External drive capacity for Complete Image Backup
    ... I have Win Vista Ultimate 64bit. ... I want to try the Complete backup Image from ... Win Vista Ultimate 64 bit SP1 ... Dell studio laptop ...
  • Re: massive problem with Vista Backup
    ... The problem may come from your external drive on its controller? ... I often use the full backup/restaure on Vista Ultimate without problems. ... PC backup via the Vista Backup tool to an external hard drive. ... When the laptop restart I have the message "213/213 Registy components" ...
  • RE: massive problem with Vista Backup
    ... We've recently started a new forum on Backup and Restore related topics. ... "braindead" wrote: ... I'm using Vista Ultimate x64 German version and tried to do a complete ... When the laptop restart I have the message "213/213 Registy components" ...