Computer restarts after returning from sleep mode

Hi, I have this problem with sleep mode. I am using Windows Vista Home
Premium SP1.

First, I put the computer in sleep mode manually by going to start and then
clicking on sleep button. After a few hours, I come back and wake it up by
clicking my mouse or pressing a key on my keyboard. It wakes up and my
monitor turns on showing the desktop but after a few seconds it shows the
blue screen and restarts. This happens everytime I put the computer in sleep
mode for a few hours or more. I don't understand why this is happening.

I already have the latest drivers installed for my soundcard and video card
which is Catalyst 8.10.

Can anyone help?

  • Re: Sleep mode and the mouse
    ... the McKally Keyboard I have installed would bring the system out of ... Today, when the system goes into sleep mode, it takes the mouse down ... The "new" behavior that you're describing is the standard behavior and I ... IME some mice will wake Tiger with movement, ...
    (comp.sys.mac.apps)
  • Re: problem with my MILs mac
    ... it was in sleep mode recently, when she tried to wake it up ... Mojo is going to act out the solution to the problem. ... Stay tuned for Act Two - Won't Wake Up. ... "We believe Internet Explorer is a really good browser. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: problem with my MILs mac
    ... it was in sleep mode recently, when she tried to wake it up ... Mojo is going to act out the solution to the problem. ... Stay tuned for Act Two - Won't Wake Up. ... "We believe Internet Explorer is a really good browser. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: PC enters sleep mode on boot up and wont wake up
    ... Vista since July and my computer goes into the sleep mode nearly every ... And it's impossible to wake it up. ... And then it may boot, or just as likely, may not boot. ... I have made no changes to power settings. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • RE: Computer Sleep or crash?
    ... Kelly and T. Waters, ... > My emachine functions fine and then suddenly appears to go into a sleep mode ... No buttons will wake it. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)