Re: No clue as to Disk Defragmenter status

Brandon Taylor;1054137 Wrote:
I remember that in previous versions of Windows all the way up to
Windows
XP, the Disk Defragmenter would tell me exactly how much of the
defragmentation process was complete. Now, I find that Windows Vista
tells
me absolutely nothing about what Disk Defragmenter is doing, apart from
the
fact that the utility is in fact running. My question is, why would
Microsoft throw out such a useful feature in Disk Defragmenter, and is
there
any course of action I can take regarding this dilemma?

Brandon Taylor

If you want an automatic defragger which also shows the defrag process,
the best option in my opinion is Diskeeper 08

--
namdeo

  • Re: No clue as to Disk Defragmenter status
    ... Brandon Taylor;872354 Wrote: ... the Disk Defragmenter would tell me exactly how much of the ... defragmentation process was complete. ... I find that Windows Vista ...
  • Re: No clue as to Disk Defragmenter status
    ... the Disk Defragmenter would tell me exactly how much of the ... defragmentation process was complete. ... I find that Windows Vista tells ... fact that the utility is in fact running. ...
  • Re: No clue as to Disk Defragmenter status
    ... Brandon Taylor;1054137 Wrote: ... the Disk Defragmenter would tell me exactly how much of the ... defragmentation process was complete. ...
    ... You don't need to see it, as the level of fragmentation is immaterial. ... "Brandon Taylor" wrote in message ... Now, I find that Windows Vista tells me absolutely nothing about what Disk Defragmenter is doing, apart from the fact that the utility is in fact running. ...
  • Re: No clue as to Disk Defragmenter status
    ... but I think I'll stick it out with the Windows program for now. ... the Disk Defragmenter would tell me exactly how much of the ... fact that the utility is in fact running. ... everything else is running (just like Diskeeper), ...