Re: Desktop Issue

Hi Joe,

After starting up, hit ctrl+shift+escape to bring up task manager. From the applications tab, click on 'new task'. Type regedit and click ok. Click continue at the uac prompt. Expand the branches of the registry to reach this key:

Click on the key, the check the right pane for a string called shell. Double click this string, replace the contents with:

explorer.exe

Click ok, then close the registry editor and task manager and restart the machine. See if this helps.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Joe321" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:6445b891d29a9f76cce86933654d5c63@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sorry to sound ignorant, but I don't know much about computers. A few
days ago, I opened my laptop to find that my desktop was just a black
screen with the window which would normally come up when you click my
computer, displaying only certain things on my hard drive. after about
20 minutes of searching, I found a way to connect to the internet to
search for a solution which I have yet to find. Any help?

--
Joe321

.