RE: Desktop Issue

Take NO notice of THAT fake me.
It spoofs people here; it is gutless.
It has NO help to give you!

Hit F8 right at Startup ,and a list of startup options, and a Repair option
should come up.
If you pick Safe mode, do a System restore back in time.
Click start>Programs>Accessories>System tools>System Restore.
--
Mad Mike

"Joe321" wrote:

Sorry to sound ignorant, but I don't know much about computers. A few
days ago, I opened my laptop to find that my desktop was just a black
screen with the window which would normally come up when you click my
computer, displaying only certain things on my hard drive. after about
20 minutes of searching, I found a way to connect to the internet to
search for a solution which I have yet to find. Any help?

--
Joe321

  • Re: Admin on computer but not network.
    ... net localgroup power users DOMAIN\localpoweruser /add ... You can create/link a new GPO at the appropriate OU where your computers ... Double-click Startup, click Add ... that you will always get good advice, or advice you like (whether good or ...
  • RE: XP is SO SO Slow!! Help!!
    ... i have a dell as well, and as with most computers you need to make a few ... 3.make sure that unnecessary services are not running on startup. ... > Just bought new Dell with XP home. ... > getting more memory or having unnecessary programs running etc. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: startup?
    ... When searching the registry I often use "Runonce" which takes you close to ... Searching for the filename may not locate the startup method because the ... I have a Windows XP Pro SP2 Dell laptop and I un-installed some ... > automatically launches Windows Explorer and I get an error message saying ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: EventID 1054 from Userenv for startup script
    ... Did you configure the mentioned policy for the XP computers? ... startup script currently does not have Authenticated Users in its ACL. ... It obviously gets group policy ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)
  • Re: Cant stop selective startup
    ... all computers have the same boot ini setup with no boxes ticked. ... Eats, roots and leaves. ... The reason I focused on the startup process was this was an obvious ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)