Re: No clue as to Disk Defragmenter status

How in the world Microsoft managed to overcome the need to close all running processes before you defragment your system is beyond me!

-- B.D.T.

"Dave" <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:Omo6$SIOJHA.1144@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
It's designed to work in the background.
Forgetaboutit.

--
Vista Home Premium 32 SP1
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

"Brandon Taylor" <donnie126_2002@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:02C32D99-7F75-419B-A7E4-AE34EEE43D17@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I remember that in previous versions of Windows all the way up to Windows XP, the Disk Defragmenter would tell me exactly how much of the defragmentation process was complete. Now, I find that Windows Vista tells me absolutely nothing about what Disk Defragmenter is doing, apart from the fact that the utility is in fact running. My question is, why would Microsoft throw out such a useful feature in Disk Defragmenter, and is there any course of action I can take regarding this dilemma?

Brandon Taylor

.