Re: No clue as to Disk Defragmenter status

On Mon, 27 Oct 2008 17:25:49 -0500, "Brandon Taylor"
<donnie126_2002@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I remember that in previous versions of Windows all the way up to Windows
XP, the Disk Defragmenter would tell me exactly how much of the
defragmentation process was complete. Now, I find that Windows Vista tells
me absolutely nothing about what Disk Defragmenter is doing, apart from the
fact that the utility is in fact running. My question is, why would
Microsoft throw out such a useful feature in Disk Defragmenter, and is there
any course of action I can take regarding this dilemma?

This question has been asked a bazillion times already.

GOT GOOGLE?

DDW
No email please

  • Re: No clue as to Disk Defragmenter status
    ... Brandon Taylor;872354 Wrote: ... the Disk Defragmenter would tell me exactly how much of the ... defragmentation process was complete. ... I find that Windows Vista ...
    ... You don't need to see it, as the level of fragmentation is immaterial. ... "Brandon Taylor" wrote in message ... Now, I find that Windows Vista tells me absolutely nothing about what Disk Defragmenter is doing, apart from the fact that the utility is in fact running. ...
  • Re: No clue as to Disk Defragmenter status
    ... but I think I'll stick it out with the Windows program for now. ... the Disk Defragmenter would tell me exactly how much of the ... fact that the utility is in fact running. ... everything else is running (just like Diskeeper), ...
  • Re: No clue as to Disk Defragmenter status
    ... Vista Home Premium 32 SP1 ... Now, I find that Windows Vista tells me absolutely nothing about what Disk Defragmenter is doing, apart from the fact that the utility is in fact running. ...
  • Re: No clue as to Disk Defragmenter status
    ... Brandon Taylor;1054137 Wrote: ... the Disk Defragmenter would tell me exactly how much of the ... defragmentation process was complete. ... fact that the utility is in fact running. ...