Re: No clue as to Disk Defragmenter status

It's designed to work in the background.
Forgetaboutit.

--
Vista Home Premium 32 SP1
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

"Brandon Taylor" <donnie126_2002@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:02C32D99-7F75-419B-A7E4-AE34EEE43D17@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I remember that in previous versions of Windows all the way up to Windows XP, the Disk Defragmenter would tell me exactly how much of the defragmentation process was complete. Now, I find that Windows Vista tells me absolutely nothing about what Disk Defragmenter is doing, apart from the fact that the utility is in fact running. My question is, why would Microsoft throw out such a useful feature in Disk Defragmenter, and is there any course of action I can take regarding this dilemma?

Brandon Taylor

    ... You don't need to see it, as the level of fragmentation is immaterial. ... "Brandon Taylor" wrote in message ... Now, I find that Windows Vista tells me absolutely nothing about what Disk Defragmenter is doing, apart from the fact that the utility is in fact running. ...
  • Re: No clue as to Disk Defragmenter status
    ... but I think I'll stick it out with the Windows program for now. ... the Disk Defragmenter would tell me exactly how much of the ... fact that the utility is in fact running. ... everything else is running (just like Diskeeper), ...
  • Re: No clue as to Disk Defragmenter status
    ... Brandon Taylor;1054137 Wrote: ... the Disk Defragmenter would tell me exactly how much of the ... defragmentation process was complete. ... fact that the utility is in fact running. ...
  • Re: No clue as to Disk Defragmenter status
    ... the Disk Defragmenter would tell me exactly how much of the ... defragmentation process was complete. ... I find that Windows Vista tells ... fact that the utility is in fact running. ...
  • No clue as to Disk Defragmenter status
    ... I remember that in previous versions of Windows all the way up to Windows XP, the Disk Defragmenter would tell me exactly how much of the defragmentation process was complete. ... Now, I find that Windows Vista tells me absolutely nothing about what Disk Defragmenter is doing, apart from the fact that the utility is in fact running. ... Brandon Taylor ...