Re: buffering / streaming problem can not watch a video

Hello,

I think I understand and have a similar problem as Havstar. I do
believe it IS a Vista problem/setting.
I have one laptop running XP professional, and a desktop running Vista
Ultimate 32bit. Both are wireless connected to the same router. On the
same network (wired) is also my Dreambox (satellite receiver.) With the
dreambox I can stream video to or from another device to record/watch.

When I stream to the XP running Laptop, I don't have any problem, the
video stream is continous during whole movie, without any interruption.
Also streaming it back to the dreambox works without any problem.

When I now try to stream to the Vista Desktop (same settings in the
Dreambox, using the same software on both computers: VLC media player
0.8.6i) the stream doesn't come trough regular. Sometimes 10 sec without
interruption, more often is the interruption longer than the stream is
received. Streaming back to the dreambox gives the same problem.

Also streaming from Laptop to PC or PC to Laptop --> same problem.

I already tried lot of things, but nothing seems to work. Switch off
firewall and virusscan, close all other applications that use the
network. I read some things here on the forum what I tried, without any
result.

Hope some one can help

Thx

--
Fuchsy

  • Re: Vista WMP11. Sound but no video streaming WMVs
    ... have a brand new laptop that came with Vista installed. ... with WMV 11 on Vista. ... when I want it to just stream the video. ... sitting right next my Vista laptop works great with XP and WMP 10. ...
    (microsoft.public.multimedia.windows.mediaplayer)
  • Re: Vista, XBOX360 and DIVX
    ... There haven't been any updates on the DirecTV deal lately but I would expect to hear the latest during CES this month. ... cablecard availability from DirecTV? ... though you still can't stream divx/xvid to an extender. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Media Center Extender Help (XBox 360 & Vista Home Premium)
    ... Home Premium) to talk to my Xbox360 Media Centre. ... I can stream video ... and audio files no problem through the Xbox Music and video Libraries ... Clearly the Laptop is still connected, still on, no network conjestion, ...
  • Re: TV Streaming from Desktop to Laptop
    ... I also have a wireless home network and a wireless capable Laptop. ... Is there any software that would allow me to stream the TV from the ...
    (uk.tech.digital-tv)
  • Re: OT: Old laptop to get Internet on TV
    ... You'll pay a lot less for a compatible desktop than you would a laptop. ... Need several cables spliced to bridge length, plus some connectors. ... With this same 3 Meg DSL, I can stream baseball games to the TV directly, but it is herky-jerky. ...
    (alt.home.repair)