Re: Vista 64 slooow application launch

CADdaddy;871664 Wrote:
I did a selective startup and removed most un-needed applications. I
also disabled indexing. No change. What I did notice is that my problem
is related to the internet connection. The slow app launch is present
after being connected to the internet. The applicaitons launch normally
when I unplug the internet. Any ideas where to head next?

You might try uninstalling the network adapter driver in device manager
and let windows reinstall it upon reboot, but I'm only guessing. Someone
else may be of more help here?

--
glatzfront

  • Re: Any VMware experts on a Vista site?
    ... I'm glad you got the internet connection sorted, as I said it is simply a case of 'playing around' with the different option to see which one 'finally' works. ... My VM only contains Windows XP and it is only there in case I need to access it for support questions, ... The information in this mail/post is supplied "as is". ...
  • Re: Internet Connection - Validation?
    ... |> microsoft.public.windowsxp.general nass ... First, try to clean up your caches, Internet files and delete cookies ... |I will try to uninstall the weather Bug application and clean up all traces ... "internet connection" problem. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Razer mouse users
    ... What happens if your internet connection goes ... If their server is down or unavailable or you have no internet, ... I had to look up the Death Adder because I wasn't familiar with the ... I have 2 thumb buttons and I can program them for keyboard or ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action)
  • Re: Broadband connection sharing
    ... which says enable internet connection sharing. ... But at no point can i ever get an internet connection from PC2. ... Does the switch you are using provide DHCP services to clients? ... Question 4 -- Yes you can share the Internet access without a router as ...
  • RE: Internet connection via 2nd network card without ISA
    ... Thank you for posting to the SBS Newsgroup. ... Please explain in detail what exact "internet connection" you want to ... Configure E-mail and Internet Connection Wizard for detailed steps. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)