Re: Microsoft PC Advisor

On Mon, 27 Oct 2008 03:09:01 -0700, goorambatman
<goorambatman@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

What are people's thoughts on Microsoft PC Advisor? I know it's still a Beta
but is it any good/worth having/safe/should have other features?

I have no experience with it, and can tell you nothing about it. But
my general advice is that all beta software should be avoided. Beta
software is software with problems (if it didn't have problems, it
would be released software, not beta), and is risky to install.

PC Advisor gives you solutions to problems, and monitors and updates
settings. Personally, I would never want to trust such things to beta
software, unless I had a spare non-critical extra machine to install
it on and play with it.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup

  • Re: no "yEnc" in Xnews subject lines anymore
    ... >> tales about yEnc viruses etc. ... >> I don't want to install the latest Beta version because as ... >> beta versions. ... features to make money later while their users suffer, ...
    (news.software.readers)
  • Re: mac cant run VISTA
    ... Then I tried installing a program and Vista tells me "You must be ... Same problem as before - the Vista beta drivers from ATI ... the driver in safe mode. ... NOT attempt to install betas, unless they are PREPARED to put up with bugs ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: mac cant run VISTA
    ... Then I tried installing a program and Vista tells me "You must be ... Same problem as before - the Vista beta drivers from ATI ... the driver in safe mode. ... NOT attempt to install betas, unless they are PREPARED to put up with bugs ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: SP2
    ... SP2 EULA remains unchanged; it does not allow the discussion of the ... service pack's features outside of authorized channels. ... >> features outside of Microsoft's authorized beta channels. ... >>>bitching about how it's dangerous and you shouldn't install a beta ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Unable to remove beta version of Office 2007
    ... There were hundreds of thousands of people who used the Beta. ... always helpful before you install something onto an OS like Beta office. ... Milly Staples ... After furious head scratching, Chad Harris asked: ...
    (microsoft.public.office.setup)