Re: Vista 64 slooow application launch

CADdaddy;870810 Wrote:
After the SP1 install now all application launches (MS Outlook,
browsers, all applications) can take 5-20 seconds to launch, which is
absolutely nutty! If I cycle superfetch from 3 to 0 and back to 3 the
applications will open quick (normal) for a little bit and then it
regresses back to 20 second delays.

Would defragging maybe help?

Do things open Ok in safemode?

You might try the system configuration utility- selective startup to
see if you could discover any problems? Help is available in the
utility.

--
glatzfront

  • Vista 64 slooow application launch
    ... After the SP1 install now all application launches (MS Outlook, ... browsers, all applications) can take 5-20 seconds to launch, which is ... If I cycle superfetch from 3 to 0 and back to 3 the ...
  • Re: /sigh/ Latops in a domain...
    ... If you want to launch two applications before the logon screen appears, ... applications and make the batch file as Startup scripts. ... >> You may add all laptop users to a Group in AD, ...
  • Re: Terminal Services to view only applications
    ... and applications that need to talk to one another would not work. ... and which download and execute the rdp files behind the icons when the icons ... After that you can use group policy to take away user ability to see things ... on the desktop which launch applications. ...
  • Re: Running an application more than once
    ... ways that applications can be associated with each other, ... I think this means you're going to lanch a desktop app, ... If the target process is not interactive or visible, ... deliberately launch more than one of them? ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)