Re: Windows Experience Index of 4.1

"Ken Blake, MVP" <kblake@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:lkb6g4599lmguprpljeulsujuk852n9qvm@xxxxxxxxxx
On Sat, 25 Oct 2008 15:16:40 +0530, mspohLFC
<mspohLFC.3htz42@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have recently added an extra 1gb of RAM to make my total RAM up to
3gb. However, the Windows Experience Index score for RAM stayed at 4.1.
Is there any reason for this or is it just Vista being stupid again?

The index rates the RAM's speed, not its quantity.

My view is that what the index mostly does is confuse people, and it
would have been better if it weren't there at all.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup

Not only that, it seems to underrate high performance dual
core Xeon CPUs. I guess the Xeon's capabilities don't match
up with the algorithm Vista uses to measure CPU performance.

.