Re: Windows Experience Index of 4.1

On Sat, 25 Oct 2008 15:16:40 +0530, mspohLFC
<mspohLFC.3htz42@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have recently added an extra 1gb of RAM to make my total RAM up to
3gb. However, the Windows Experience Index score for RAM stayed at 4.1.
Is there any reason for this or is it just Vista being stupid again?

The index rates the RAM's speed, not its quantity.

My view is that what the index mostly does is confuse people, and it
would have been better if it weren't there at all.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup

  • Re: Windows Experience Index of 4.1
    ... I have recently added an extra 1gb of RAM to make my total RAM up to ... the Windows Experience Index score for RAM stayed at 4.1. ... actually reduces the bus speed when more than 2 gigs is installed. ...
  • Re: Windows Experience Index of 4.1
    ... I have recently added an extra 1gb of RAM to make my total RAM up to ... the Windows Experience Index score for RAM stayed at 4.1. ... it seems to underrate high performance dual ... core Xeon CPUs. ...
    ... You'd have to replace existing ram with a faster speed (assuming the motherboard supports it) to increase that factor. ... "mspohLFC" wrote in message ... the Windows Experience Index score for RAM stayed at 4.1. ...
  • Windows Experience Index of 4.1
    ... I have recently added an extra 1gb of RAM to make my total RAM up to ... the Windows Experience Index score for RAM stayed at 4.1. ...
  • Re: Windows Experience Index of 4.1
    ... I have recently added an extra 1gb of RAM to make my total RAM up to ... the Windows Experience Index score for RAM stayed at 4.1. ... I just sent my own message saying essentially the ...