Re: shadow copie, AGAIN.

On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 00:48:40 -0500, menikamatii
<guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

so i decided to reformat last night........
didnt have this problem on very first boot.
missing 45~ gb of disk space.

my hard disk did show 500 gigs when i first got it.

Are you saying that you have what's supposed to be a 500GB drive, but
it apparently has only about 455GB that you can see?

If so, note that all hard drive manufacturers define 1GB as
1,000,000,000 bytes, while the rest of the computer world, including
Windows, defines it as 2 to the 30th power (1,073,741,824) bytes. So
what was sold to you as a 500GB is actually a 500 billion byte drive,
and that is roughly about 465GB.

Some people point out that the official international standard defines
the "G" of GB as one billion, not 1,073,741,824. Correct though they
are, using the binary value of GB is so well established in the
computer world that I consider using the decimal value of a billion to
be deceptive marketing.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup

  • Re: 5 year old computer too old?
    ... when I turn on the tower, just the green and red lights and the lights on ... The issues of speed and disk space can be addressed by replacing ... Microsoft MVP - Windows Desktop Experience ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Transfer some files from C:Program Files
    ... stored an unused program because it may just come in useful sometime, ... it will no longer work because all the registry ... of disk space, it's pointless, and might get you into trouble. ... Microsoft MVP - Windows Desktop Experience ...
  • Re: Earthlink problem
    ... Just saying "I can't get X to work" ... verbatim. ... Please contact Earthlink, and get them to tell you what to do. ... Microsoft MVP - Windows Desktop Experience ...
  • Re: Start menu missing
    ... MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002 ... AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net ... start menu were missing. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Disk Space Wrong Vista 64 bit
    ... Well the drive is 500gb and if I go through the folders on it I'm about 80gb ... missing, can't seem to find it anywhere... ... Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP - Windows Desktop Experience ...