Re: shadow copie, AGAIN.

"menikamatii" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:ddd8820b978cdc41bfeff730774e315f@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mike Hall - MVP;869668 Wrote:
"menikamatii" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:8a969a16a29c04863b4b72db302934b4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> > >

> > so i decided to reformat last night........
> > didnt have this problem on very first boot.
> > missing 45~ gb of disk space.
> >
> > found the shadow copy threads
> >
> > then i followed

> > start

> > /MaxSize=2GB
> > the
> > my hard disk did show 500 gigs when i first got it.
> >

> > even restarted and it still the same
> >
> > [image:
> 'http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/6846/32108404iq4.jpg]'
> (http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/6846/32108404iq4.jpg%5D)
> >

> > system specs:
> > vista ultimate 6.0 build 6001
> > phoenix bios
> > intel quad q6700
> > 4 gig ram
> >

> > anyone help me out?
> >
> > EDIT
> >
> > also ran checkdisk, dsik defrag, disk cleanup, CCleaner....
> >

> > edit 2
> >
> > could this be unalocatedspace? should i install a partition
> manager ?
> >

> > --
> > menikamatii > >
You have 422gb free space on your hard drive!!!!

Why are you worrying about the space taken up by shadow copies which
enable
the OS to recover more easily than any previous version of Windows?
You are
hardly short on space even if shadow copies take up 45gb..

You should just get on with using the computer instead of worrying
about
issues like this. Until your drive is within a few gb of filling up,
you
have nothing to worry about..

--
Mike Hall - MVP
How to construct a good post..

i jsut formmated, and noticed the 45 gigs. once i have everything
reinstalled its close to being used.

alls i did was ask for help

--
menikamatii

You have enough to install that will fill 422gb?

--
Mike Hall - MVP
How to construct a good post..
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?pr=newswhelp&style=toc
Mike's Window - My Blog..

  • Re: java script error
    ... operating system specific newsgroups. ... The JAVA window may not appear until the> page finishes loading. ... 600 pixels ... > ShockWave Director Plug-in - SWCtl.SWCtl.1 is installed> ShockWave ActiveX Control Plug-in - SWCtl.SWCtl.7 is> installed ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Setting up a newsreader is impossible...
    ... > have given up and trashed the newsreaders soon after opening them. ... the news server from your ISP's Web site. ... a blank window named "Untitled." ... This is where your newsgroups to ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: please help
    ... experienced users of newsgroups find the Web-based interface slow and ... word "Newsgroups", or the icon to the left of the word, and choose from the ... box at the top of the Compose window; you can't choose more than one. ... but the responses are only seen attached to ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.file_system)
  • Solution to Spam woes - HOWTO
    ... First is to get a program to access newsgroups. ... I am going to use Xnews. ... Unzip the file to a folder. ... Click on the word "Server" in the upper-left of the Xnews window, ...
    (rec.food.drink.tea)
  • Re: module stub generator for testing?
    ... test driver to manipulate the return from a stubbed function. ... incorrectly (try opening up your window width or get it via a ... a web-site somewhere. ... have an appropriate newsgroups line in your header for your mail to be seen, ...
    (comp.lang.c.moderated)