Re: Memory Diagnostic Tool

I just dug all of my paperwork and discs on this eMachine.

I have two discs from Gateway. One of them is a Restore DVD and the
other is what I thought was a Microsoft OEM Vista disc.

The second actually states MS Windows Vista Home Premium 32-Bit
Operating System Disc. on the label but BOTH of them have the same
warning: This process erases all data and files from the hard drive.

I remember now that Gateway sent me the first disc when I first bought
the PC. I was told that it contained the MS operating system plus all
of the garbage and software that originally came on the machine.

This is also the same PC that I had to return after 9 months to have
the hard drive replaced. It came back the same way I supposedly bought
it.

No wonder I am confused. I would be afraid to run either disc in fear
that one click and I would be back to day one and I sure don't want
that.

What do you think about this?

If I put the Windows disc in will I get options to restore the original
system files or will it automatically start formatting my drive or
whatever for a complete re-installation?

--
vegaspat

  • MCE OS Disc
    ... It didn't come with the OS Disc that says "Media Center Edition" on it. ... Gateway supplied me with 6 CD-Rs and they swear up and down six ways ... recovery disc on my own" and "it's backed up on a separate partition on the ... - In don't like the thought of leaving my entire recovery system to my CD ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: MCE OS Disc
    ... > When I bought my new GateWay with MCE on it, I was thrilled But I have one ... > It didn't come with the OS Disc that says "Media Center Edition" on it. ... > recovery disc on my own" and "it's backed up on a separate partition on ... > - In don't like the thought of leaving my entire recovery system to my CD ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Did system restore, but no CDs for MS Office; how do I get?
    ... DID do a recovery, ... level," and they told me to reformat and restore my operating system. ... do a restore from Windows or Gateway were eliminated. ... used that, it formatted your disc, removing everything. ...
  • Re: Gateway Laptop Problem
    ... I do know that some times when it is qoing to crash I do hear a click ... will the disc I have from gateway work being it not an actual ... the Gateway recovery disc should work fine. ...
  • RE: Remove BootUp Option
    ... the non existing operating system. ... removes from the boot menu. ... These are separate discs, not partitions on the same disc. ... I was able to remove the virus and decided to repeat the OS install ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)