Re: Memory Diagnostic Tool

Hi,

You don't have the MS dvd - you have a "recovery" dvd. There is no
option to repair just Vista. It only allows to write over your drive
with the original factory image - tho. you could backup your data first.

If, as in your case , you have corruption of some Vista files, you can
either see if the SFC command will fix it , or replace the files with
fresh ones, or do a factory restore.

Hi,

You don't have the MS dvd - you have a manufacturers "recovery" dvd.
The proper Microsoft Vista dvd gives you a lot of options , sadly the
thing Gateway supplied is different.

There is no option to repair just Vista. It only allows to write over
your drive with the original factory image - tho. you could backup your
data first.

If you have corruption of some Vista files, you can either see if the
SFC command will fix it ( which you tried ) , or replace the files with
fresh ones ( which you didn't try yet ), or do a factory restore.

Hope that helps

SIW2

--
SIW2

  • Media Player 11 Codec Plugins On Windows Vista Business
    ... Vista Business, or I wouldn't be up here on this forum, desperately seeking ... apparently still as dead as a doornail until it gets its "own" codec plugin. ... I want to use Media Player 11 and not ... The NVIDIA Purevideo DVD Decoder software is designed to be used ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: Vista composite signal
    ... Vista comes with a DVD codec, so you don't have to go buy one. ... chooses the right tuner. ... If you're asking about being able to switch between watching TV and ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Media Player 11 Codec Plugins On Windows Vista Business
    ... Vista-based dvd decoder as an add-on. ... I had seen the link "DVD Playback Options for Windows" ... have been waiting for a Vista link to become available. ... I am painfully aware that a DVD codec did not come with Media Player 11 ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: BSoD During Install of Vista 64 bit
    ... Vista Upgrade Advisor does not find any issues. ... burning at slow speeds increases your chances of getting an accurate DVD. ... When people get BSODS on setup of a new operating system, that merits a check of the usual hardware suspects. ... You won't be able to do an upgrade install from XP, ...
  • Re: Vista32: dvd playback degraded?
    ... I'm honestly not aware of any crippling of DVD quality signals. ... Monitors need drivers too. ... through to the monitor. ... Vista drivers installed for your Monitor? ...