Re: Driver Preventing Start-up

ABEHE3EP wrote:

The system "lost" its sound card driver (Realtek). Upon re0installing
the standard driver available on the system, the "blue screen" shut it
down. Now it will not start-up at all due to a "driver" problem and the
auto-fix cen not correct it. So, short of re-installing the operating
system, what can be done? Computer is an Acer lap-top about 2 years
old.

Boot with your Vista installation DVD and

1. Try the Startup Repair.
Repair Windows Vista using Startup Repair -
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial148.html
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/88236-repair-install-vista.html

or if that doesn't work,

2. Also from the Vista DVD, try a System Restore to before the troubles with
the sound card happened. If you only have a "restore disk", see:
For people who only have a restore image - Windows Vista Recovery Disc
Download:
http://neosmart.net/blog/2008/windows-vista-recovery-disc-download/

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

  • RE: sound problem
    ... It can be the problem with the driver of your sound card or a browser that ... speakers and can watch and hear a movie, I have Windows Vista and not sure ...
  • RE: sound problem
    ... It can be the problem with the driver of your sound card or a browser that ... speakers and can watch and hear a movie, I have Windows Vista and not sure ...
  • Re: XP and Vista in dualboot
    ... I don't know if it matters but I tell System Restore in XP not to monitor ... and for Windows Vista are mutually exclusive. ... In the system properties of WinVista, and in the system properties of ... The C driver is a volume in Windows XP. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: XP and Vista in dualboot
    ... and for Windows Vista are mutually exclusive. ... exclusive when no restore points are common across the volume in Windows XP ... In the system properties of WinVista, and in the system properties of WinXP, i ... The D driver is a volume in Windows Vista. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: XP and Vista in dualboot
    ... The problem is caused by XP's volsnap.sys, not System Restore. ... Vista and vice versa. ... and for Windows Vista are mutually exclusive. ... The D driver is a volume in Windows Vista. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)