Driver Preventing Start-up

The system "lost" its sound card driver (Realtek). Upon re0installing
the standard driver available on the system, the "blue screen" shut it
down. Now it will not start-up at all due to a "driver" problem and the
auto-fix cen not correct it. So, short of re-installing the operating
system, what can be done? Computer is an Acer lap-top about 2 years
old.

--
ABEHE3EP

  • Re: adding video card
    ... After repeated attempts to get sound to travel the cable along with video, ... Is the RealTek driver supposed to work for both sound sources? ... This gives a working Microsoft UAA audio driver. ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: webcam speaker disabled
    ... applet in Control Panel and a red speaker icon in the Notification Area of the Taskbar. ... Check with your computer or motherboard manufacturer for updated Realtek HD drivers. ... attach a microphone, the webcam mike still is functional. ... driver, and got the response that "this driver is already installed". ...
  • Re: adding video card
    ... After repeated attempts to get sound to travel the cable along with video, ... Is the RealTek driver supposed to work for both sound sources? ... This gives a working Microsoft UAA audio driver. ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • realtek rtl8185 freezes kernel
    ... I couldn't find an Atheros anywhere, so I went with a Realtek RTL8185 ... No message or screen-of-death or anything, just a complete freeze. ... But the system still freezes on "ifconfig wlan0 up". ... Then he went to RealTek and got their open source driver. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: realtek network realtek rtl8102/8103 family pci-e fe nic error
    ... I went back to Windows update, "Restored hidden updates" - which showed the ... Do not install any driver updates offered by Windows Update. ... The Realtek site does have a suitable driver. ... select downloads, then search for 'rtl8168b'. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)