Re: shadow copie, AGAIN.

"menikamatii" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:8a969a16a29c04863b4b72db302934b4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

so i decided to reformat last night........
didnt have this problem on very first boot.
missing 45~ gb of disk space.

found the shadow copy threads

then i followed

To see how big your shadow copy is, right click on CMD.exe in the start
menu
and select Run as Administrator,
Then type: vssadmin list shadowstorage and hit Enter
you will see how big it can get in GB's

Then type: vssadmin resize shadowstorage /On=C: /For=C: /MaxSize=2GB
( the maxsize can vary up to 10 or more)and my hard disk is still the same....

my hard disk did show 500 gigs when i first got it.

even restarted and it still the same

[image: http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/6846/32108404iq4.jpg]

system specs:
vista ultimate 6.0 build 6001
phoenix bios
intel quad q6700
4 gig ram

anyone help me out?

EDIT

also ran checkdisk, dsik defrag, disk cleanup, CCleaner....

edit 2

could this be unalocatedspace? should i install a partition manager ?

--
menikamatii

You have 422gb free space on your hard drive!!!!

Why are you worrying about the space taken up by shadow copies which enable the OS to recover more easily than any previous version of Windows? You are hardly short on space even if shadow copies take up 45gb..

You should just get on with using the computer instead of worrying about issues like this. Until your drive is within a few gb of filling up, you have nothing to worry about..

--
Mike Hall - MVP
How to construct a good post..

  • Re: physical drive replacement
    ... >> My first problem is determining which of the 2 physical drives in stripeset ... DELETE the disk, quiesce the bus and perform the physical swap, ... > and mount it into the shadow set, which should trigger a shadow copy ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: Implementing a RAID 1 Array
    ... For your RAID 1 drive is hardware RAID 1, you will not see the mirrored ... drive in the Disk Management console. ... The Volume Shadow Copy Service provides the backup infrastructure for the ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Shadow or Raid. - Dont do both! WAS Re: 306GB drives!
    ... >> from all the shadow copy merges. ... It froze the whole cluster instead of autosparing the disk! ... I do not bother with notification for when the drives have normalized. ... > individual disks (or even smaller partitions of a disk). ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: MinVMS or CD backup and volume shadowing
    ... shadow set with two data disks for the first time. ... Currently we have MinVMS on DISK1 (a data disk, ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: shadowing questions
    ... Suppose a node starts a full shadow copy on a shadow set the disks of ... Will the entire shadow set go into mount verification, picking up the copy where it was left off when the node, and the disk which is connected to it, become available again? ... The operator can then do a MOUNT from an ALPHA to enable a MINICOPY to a disk which went down with the VAX which just rebooted. ... (This works even if the shadow set has no members with a direct connection to an ALPHA.) ...
    (comp.os.vms)