RE: SFC clarification

Hello,
What log or log files are you using?
This is Vista that we are talking about correct?
in Vista SFC should not run on it's own.
Did you ever boot to the DVD and do a repair process?
SFC may run as part of that process.
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

--------------------
| >From: vegaspat <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
| >Subject: SFC clarification
| >Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 19:13:37 -0500
| >Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance

In working on another issue I ran SFC and when I went to view the log I
was a little overwhelmed. There were dates on there with info that I
had NOT run SFC on those particular dates. ( That I remember ) Does
SFC checker automatically on occasion?

Some of the files that had been fixed were TTF files. Some time ago MS
Works kept giving me a message to delete some of fonts. It stated there
were too many. I did not delete any of the system fonts unless things
have changed from years ago.

Is it safe to delete some of the info in the Log file and only keep
the last couple of dates?

Any in sight on this issue would be appreciated.

Thanks.

--
vegaspat

.