Re: Memory Diagnostic Tool

Hi,

Can never guarantee anything will work , if not, just replace them with
your original files.

Your next option would be to reinstall Vista if the missing/ corrupt
files are causing problems

You said you tried the MS dvd repair option - and you saw the the
Repair install ? This will replace all your system files - you actually
do an upgrade install from within Windows - it should not affect your
own files and programs - take a close look at the tutorial

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/88236-repair-install-vista.html

You would need to create a slipstreamed SP1 dvd to do this

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/151606-vista-sp1-slipstream-installation-dvd.html

Or you could do a clean install with your existing dvd (and then need
to get the SP1 updates ) , or do the slipstream to create a new install
dvd including SP1 then do the clean install.

Hope it helps

SIW2

--
SIW2

  • Re: Evo and Exchange
    ... FC3 and an upgrade from FC2 to FC3. ... I started EVO again, ... >> said was unsigned so wouldn't install it however this morning did yum update ... > DVDs are not CDs and you need different programs two write DVDs though DVD ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: A little help please!
    ... This so far was the best map to getting DVD media working I am going to ... Also I have the latest libdvdcss2 and libdvdcss2-dev installed. ... sudo aptitude install totem-xine ... Click either free or non-free depending on where the package you ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Seeking Help
    ... As far as I am aware, the only REAL and painless way to install Ubuntu from ... a DVD is to buy the DVD from a place such as On-Disk.com (Ric! ... There is a well known and very well respected member of this mail list who has been promoting the idea that people who are having hassles with downloading the necessary files using the internet to buy a DVD - I repeat DVD - from the site I mentioned because it contained *all* the files necessary to install Ubuntu. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Vista Home Basic SP1 no luck
    ... DVD, but with backup/image/restore software on the HD. ... Windows update does not remind me anymore to install SP1, ... have really been stupid to get a Vista machine. ... restoration was some sort of restoration image on the hard drive ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: 2 Macs: FW Target DM questions
    ... You can put the Intel Mini into target mode and copy data onto its hard ... and install from there or will it only install from a DVD? ... You have to boot from the DVD to do the installation. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)