SFC clarification

In working on another issue I ran SFC and when I went to view the log I
was a little overwhelmed. There were dates on there with info that I
had NOT run SFC on those particular dates. ( That I remember ) Does
SFC checker automatically on occasion?

Some of the files that had been fixed were TTF files. Some time ago MS
Works kept giving me a message to delete some of fonts. It stated there
were too many. I did not delete any of the system fonts unless things
have changed from years ago.

Is it safe to delete some of the info in the Log file and only keep
the last couple of dates?

Any in sight on this issue would be appreciated.

Thanks.

--
vegaspat

  • RE: SFC clarification
    ... What log or log files are you using? ... in Vista SFC should not run on it's own. ... SFC may run as part of that process. ... I did not delete any of the system fonts unless things ...
  • Re: Trojan cleanup.
    ... Do I have to Restore that file from a cab or SFC? ... Safe Mode? ... Chkdsk, what would THAT do? ...
  • Re: Trojan cleanup.
    ... Do I have to Restore that file from a cab or SFC? ... or start in Safe? ... Or do a chkdsk on start? ...