Re: Memory Diagnostic Tool

I tried the MS DVD Repair option with no luck. I also have a recovery
partition and tried to repair from there also.

I read the tutorial suggested and it suggests that since I now have SP1
installed I may not be able to use the repair function now?

I ran Malwarebytes several weeks ago but will run it again.

Can I download the file from Microsoft or somewhere and install it
here?

--
vegaspat

  • Re: Stop 0x00000024
    ... Then reboot again from the CD and try the repair again. ... > with the option to setup Windows or Repair Windows Installation> using the Recovery console. ... If you still cannot> access>> XP, then reboot and re-run the repair install instructions at the> beginning>> of this message. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Error booting up Windows XP Professional
    ... The message you are receiving is for the recovery console. ... Try a Repair ... Install as follows instead: ... actual XP CD as opposed to a recovery CD, boot with the XP ...
  • Re: Format hard disk and reinstall XP Home???
    ... A repair install does more or less re-install the entire OS, ... > The most efficient route is to buy software such as Norton Partition Magic ... > When you reinstall XP, erase and reformat the boot partition. ...
  • Re: Error booting up Windows XP Professional
    ... Exit recovery ... Try a Repair ... while a repair install should leave your data files ... >Assuming your system is set to boot from the CD-ROM drive ...
  • RE: Boot Problem
    ... disconnect the master HD change the jumper on the slave to master and boot to ... right into this partition. ... > I don't get the option to Repair an install at all when booting from the CD. ...