Re: Memory Diagnostic Tool

Hi,

If you have the MS dvd you could do a repair install , which replaces
all the operating system files

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/88236-repair-install-vista.html

Not sure what corrupted the file in the first place. It's worth doing a
scan before the repair install with the free

'Malwarebytes.org' (http://www.malwarebytes.org).

Hope that helps

SIW2

--
SIW2

  • Re: repair install?
    ... XP Pro is no longer available from retailers, ... The only difference between Retail and generic OEM (also ... I don't know what your PC's issue is or whether or not a Repair Install ... equivalent -- laying down a fresh install with the recovery DVD you were ...
  • Re: Problem reading CD-ROM/DVD Filesystem
    ... If you can get by without doing a repair install, ... The drive works fine when running in SAFE MODE! ... settings for the CD-ROM to the settings working under SAFE MODE? ... Meaning all works perfectly for the first CD or DVD I read. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Repair install?
    ... I have been trying various restore points after booting from the DVD & selecting the Repair My Computer option, but none of them has worked. ... It's not a repair install. ... You can boot from a Vista DVD and run an offline sfc scan. ... They work in Server 2008 which is equivalent to Vista SP1. ...
  • Re: Movie maker conflicts with Adobe Premiere Pro.
    ... I have check and it is not the updates. ... causing me problems now. ... I have done and re-install and a repair install on ... I DVD tape drive is an external drive that plays only DVD mini tapes, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.video)
  • Re: BSOD HELP! Vista Serious problems.
    ... SP1 is pretty important, if it came already on your dvd, you may like ... to try a repair install, or a clean install ...