Re: Giving names to new Folders problem

Hello Lucske,

This tutorial may be able to help you fix the New Folder so that you
can rename them again.

Hope this helps,

Lucske;868215 Wrote:

I'm having troubles giving a name to new folders on my harddrive.
When i right-click and select "new folder" i do get that but when i
give it a new name and press enter i get an error and it's still called
"New Folder" ...
Also when i try to change the name later, it won't let me ...
Anyone any idea's ?
I'm working with Vista Ultimate (dutch version).
All updates are installed except SP1 because it won't install here to
Tryed by using windows-update site and by downloading it manualy and
installing it from the harddisk. Nothing worked..
Anyone any idea about that ?

Thanks for your time and interrest,

Lucske's Profile: 'Windows Vista Help Forum - View Profile: Lucske'
View this thread: 'Giving names to new Folders problem - Windows Vista
Help Forum' (

'*Windows 7 Forums*'
( *and* '*::Vista Forums::*'
*Please post feedback to help others.*

Relevant Pages

  • Re: MacSpeech Dictate Amazon reviews - comments?
    ... license is to the hardware and not to the user. ... install software on a desktop and a laptop. ... Redmond cease to support XP in an effort to force me to spend money on ... You will find this folder inside your document folder. ...
  • Re: Same update prompt
    ... I have Windows Vista and McAfee anti-Virus. ... like I lost the dreaded repetitive install problem but my Kodak Easyshare ... Open the $NtUninstallKB936181$ folder ...
  • Re: msoe.dll
    ... I don't think he wants to install IE5, and that wouldn't fix his OE message store in WinXP SP1. ... Double-click to expand the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder, ... On the Windows Setup tab, click to select the Microsoft Outlook Express ... Antivirus software invades the Outlook Express program to try and intercept ...
  • Re: install oem version of XP Mediacenter 2005
    ... Settings without a huge can of worms. ... The warning about moving a special folder is there every time you move one ... except for the Media Center parts. ... I can't believe M$ forces you to install things ...
  • Re: Vista - User Directory
    ... service "owns" the data and the clients just use/update it. ... even create a shared folder, who you wish to allow to share it, etc., etc.) Alternatively, ... So the user-specific settings remain (simple things like what printer to use, ... we install and run fine on Vista/7. ...